May 31, 2016

Ballooning over Cappadocia, Turkey

This was my view this morning out my window at sunrise and is specifically for my granddaughter, EmmyLou.  She likes red balloons but this is the closest I could get!  It's times like this I wish I had photographic equipment like my daughter Paula, who is a professional photographer but my Android phone will have to do.
It's hard to describe the colours I'm seeing, not just of the balloons, but of the Fairy Chimneys, as the sun peaks above the horizon.  The many hues of the rock formations quickly change colour as the sun climbs higher in the sky.

Cappadocia is well known for their amazing balloon rides, mainly because of the incredible views from the sky of the Fairy Chimneys and formations.  My room location is perfect as it allows me to watch the climbing balloons as they take off. Even if you don't plan to go to Turkey please check out the Cappadocia Balloon Flights website for some of the fabulous pictures of the ballooning here at www.cappadociaballoonflights.com

Enjoy the following music clip by the 5th Dimension as you think of doing something like this.  Definitely part of my musical memories!


Ballooning became a method of travel back in 1776 and became popular in Cappadocia in the 1990s because of the wind streams flowing through the beautiful valleys here.  It's the perfect conditions to fly silently through the valleys.

Am I going to go ballooning while I am here?  I'm not sure yet. If I do though it will have to be in a red balloon (or at least have red on it)!
www.turtletour.com

No comments: